This is the last blog of what will now be known as my “first” VLOG series. I think I will call it the BREAKOUT series.
I have to tell you that this series I started one month ago has been an amazing journey for me. I have loved it! I hope you have benefitted from it, too. Thank you for all the encouragement.
I realize that calling myself a World Changer probably sounds pretentious or arrogant. The reality is I don’t care. And here’s why: The people who know me, and those who eventually will, understand that I know that if I don’t put myself out there with my aspirations-to change the world!-then there’s less of a chance that I will. Being bold by putting myself out there, sometimes way out there, is empowering. The accountability that is instantly created propels me to achieve the results I have set my sights on and am working towards. If that resonates with you then you should try it, too.
So, with that said, let me share the ways in which I, with the help of some of you, have changed the world the past month.
- Provided David, my friend who is homeless in SLC, with some thermal underwear to manage the bitter cold of SLC nights on the street. He shared the second pair with a young friend of his who was in a bad way;
- Guided a refugee young man to a funding source and opportunity to get into college and change his life. I just heard from him yesterday that he’s applied for financial aid and is in the process of applying for admission right now. More on him soon.
- Provided a couple of nights at an indoor soccer training facility for about 20 refugee youth from the Somali Stars team. They LOVE it!
- Started the delicate process of leaving my nearly 20 year career on Wall Street to pursue and realize my passion to help people through BRIDGES.
- Moved closer to making our Balls For Borno mission a reality. More on that soon.
So, now as 2016 rapidly comes to an end we all have the chance to look at 2017 and think about how we want it to look. How we make whatever changes we need to so that we experience more happiness, more results and better lives. But I have some advice: Screw New Year’s Resolutions! They rarely work.
Instead, resolve to make the rest of your life better WITH the awareness that each and every day is like New Year’s Day and that there is NOTHING magical about a new year that will enable you to become better. There is, however, something truly ordinary about a new day and if you woke up this morning then you are in the middle of one. THAT is magical: living each new day with the same ambition and determination to be better than we were yesterday.
Next week or so I will be back with my plan for Q1 of 2017 with some ideas of how you can join me and keep making our lives better AND changing the world.
Here is today’s VLOG:
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
Watch the videos. Share them. Comment on them. Give me something. Tell me you hate them. Tell me you love them. What I want is feedback that will help me increase the impact I am making. And if you get inspired along the way then great. They say money talks so if you want to provide feedback financially then go here to make a donation and “talk” to me. “Talk” to the thousands of youth I am trying to reach and help.