As a follow-up to this news of a Sundanese refugee family in need this holiday season here are some more details about what they need and how you can help.
The mother and 4 kids need cold-weather gear right away! Warm Jacket/Hat/Gloves/Snow Boots/Thermals
Here are sizes for them BUT it might be easier to simply pledge a dollar amount by emailing me at email@example.com and I will get them the cash so they can buy clothing that fits perfectly in colors/style they like.
- Mother: Jacket size is XL. Shoe size is 10.5 women’s.
- 10 yr. old Son: Jacket size is kids 19-20. Shoe size is 7 men’s.
- 7 yr. old Daughter: Jacket size is kids 15-16. Shoe size is 2 women’s.
- 5 yr. old Daughter: Jacket size is kids 8-9. Shoe size is 1 women’s.
- 3 yr. old Daughter: Jacket size is kids 5-6. Shoe size is 9 kid’s.
In addition to the clothing the family is in need of the following:
- A laptop or TV with DVD.
- Basic furniture for the family/TV room.
- A crib/baby bed for the youngest daughter.
- Washer and Dryer (new or gently used would be so appreciated!)
- The family would love a Christmas tree and decorations as well.
In order to make supporting this family as easy as possible I have created an idea list for their needs on Amazon. You do NOT have to buy these items but I did a little looking around and think these items would work well. This way we can track easily what has been donated for the family and not duplicate efforts.
If you do go to Amazon please use this link to go to the non-profit site and choose Bridges To America as your charity so we can get 0.5% back in donations. NOTHING is different on this site and it’s a super smart way for you to ALWAYS support us anytime you are shopping on Amazon. smile.amazon.com/ch/27-2772621
I have the shipping address so just contact me via text and I will get it to you: 415.203.3763.
Reach out anytime to me with questions/concerns or to volunteer help coordinate the effort. Thank you and Happy Holidays.